Here at Cofton, we recognise how preparing for toddler holidays can be a mission for even the most accomplished of mums and dads. The last-minute packing, the things you can’t prepare for, and the things you just hope go your way. We know it can be difficult to take your tribe away for the smallest of breaks, so we’ve created a handy little guide to make it as easy as possible to enjoy your time away.
5 Things to prepare for Toddler Holidays in Devon
- Research is important when it comes to making your trip stress-free. Gather as much information as possible such as nearby attractions, child-friendly restaurants, all-weather activities, things that are free to do, all-age activities, you can use your phone to save the information for when you arrive, do what you want to do at the time and save something for next time!
- Thinking ahead for the journey down can make all the difference. We all know that there’s only so long before the ‘are we there yet?’ treatment… Make sure there’s something for the kids to be getting on with for the journey as well as arrival so you can unpack and set everything up in peace!
- Setting realistic expectations for your toddler holiday is always helpful. We like to think there are always ‘must haves’ and ‘nice to haves’ for holidays – so remember you don’t have to do everything in a day!
- Keeping those bellies full is as important as anything else. Getting up early for breakfast and packing those sandwiches is the best way to make the most of your time away.. There’s nothing worse than having to find somewhere with a kids menu halfway through the day when you could have had a nice hearty breakfast and stocked up on snacks as in peak season many restaurants could be full so it’s always good to have a backup plan.
- Last but not least, plan something you can enjoy! It’s easy to get sucked into a packed schedule, morning evening, and night centered around the kids but make sure you reserve yourself a bit of time to relax and unwind in our sauna at the end of the day, a great time to do this is just before supper knowing that you can entertain the little ones before bedtime.
Our Toddler Holidays
Our glorious corner has been made with the little ones in mind. From our wonderful child-friendly menu (not just fish fingers and chips!) to light up their tastebuds, to our outdoor and indoor play facilities which have something for all ages, to our understanding team who’ll go above and beyond to help make your stay memorable such as our new toddler-friendly entertainment (that includes Digby The Dinosaur and the Entertainments team)
What we love most about our Toddler-Friendly Holidays is offering is the variety; often holidays can be centered around one themed activity. However, every child is different which is why we offer everything all the way to water soft play exclusively for parents and toddlers to ensure you can enjoy our spacious indoor complex.
Our toddler holidays are made easier for you. We try to take care of the little things, so you can take care of the bigger things. Our door is always open for anything that could make your toddler holiday a bit easier and we love adding little touches that make the little ones smile with glee.