Dog Friendly Holidays
Your holiday would not be complete without bringing your four-legged family members!
Our pet friendly accommodation is nearby to fantastic dog friendly beaches and woodland walks that will make man’s best friend feel right at home when you visit Cofton.
The price to bring your dogs when touring or camping varies throughout the year. Our dog friendly camping pitches are perfect for travelling with dogs and you have the advantage of there being no additional charge when you visit us in low and mid-season.
We do not charge for registered assistance dogs.
Dog Friendly Holidays Top Tips:
- Don’t forget to bring your doggy essentials including food, treats and toys – don’t worry if you forget though as our on site shop has a good selection of supplies.
- Please ensure you bring a lead for your pet. Dogs must be kept on a lead while on site.
- We have plenty of doggy bins around the site so please bring your poop scoop and pick up after your pet.
- We have a handy dog walking field adjacent to the site located next to Cofton Church – ideal for a short comfort break for your pet.
- With numerous routes for ‘walkies’ in the immediate vicinity, there’s no shortage of opportunities to let off the leash and explore!
Our recommendations for the perfect walkies:
- A woodland walk through our Eastdon Estate – plenty of paths to explore with superb views over the Exe Estuary. There are often deer around so dogs should be kept on a lead.
- A walk along Dawlish Warren beach. Dogs are allowed on the beach all year round past groyne 3, they are allowed on the beach up to groyne 3 only from 1st October to 31st March. For full details please check out this guide.
- A circular walk around Cockwood Village. Walk down to the harbour up Cofton Hill and then back down into the back of the park, either through the public footpaths or our own trails through the woods at the top of Cofton Hill, or through the gate at the back of the park.
- Take a stroll towards Powderham along the Exe Estuary trail.
- A short drive away is The Obelisk at the top of Mamhead where parking is free and you can either do a short or long loop. The Obelisk itself gives amazing views down across the valley below.
- Our own Dog Walking Field is the perfect place for your companions to stretch their legs! Located next to the Main Site, it’s ideal for a quick scamper.
Eating out with your pet in our dog friendly pub
Our Swan Pub (opening times vary – please check times during your stay) allows you to bring you pet inside or why not relax on the patio. Unfortunately we do not allow pets in the Warren Retreat or Amelia’s Pantry but their delicious meals are available as a takeaway option.
There are two dog friendly pubs within a 15 minute walk of the Park at Cockwood Harbour, The Ship and The Anchor, both have a wonderful selection of fine ales and superb menus.
A home from home experience awaits you in your glorious corner of Devon. Holiday Homes that are modern and stylish in design, choose from either two or three bedroom static caravans to suit your family and budget. Heated throughout the ...
Touring & Camping Sites
Searching for an exceptional uk campsite? We offer first-class pitches set in the breathtaking Devon countryside. Whether camping, caravanning or bringing your motorhome ,touring caravan sites and camping holidays at Cofton are sure to delight.
Why not choose to wake up ...