Further to the latest Government guidance and restrictions Cofton Holidays will be closed from Monday 23rd March until further notice. This will cover all bookings for touring & camping, holiday homes, cottages, apartments, lodges, seasonal and private owners.
At this time, we are working through contacting customers with bookings up until the 4th July 2020. If you have booked a holiday for arrival with us later in the year, we would like to offer you the opportunity to re-book for a later date, once the restrictions have been lifted.
We will of course be monitoring the situation very closely and reviewing in accordance with Government announcements.
Please keep an eye on this page that will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available. If you have any further questions that are not answered below, we kindly ask if you could contact us by email at email@example.com or fill in the Contact Us form
For the latest advice concerning COVID-19 please visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Here are some of the most common questions we are being asked about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the steps we taking to prevent it spreading and how it affects your holiday.
Can I reschedule my holiday for later in the year?
Yes. We don’t want you to miss the opportunity to visit us in this glorious corner of Devon so if you would like to re-book your holiday with us for arrival later in the year please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to arrange this for you.
Can I move my booking to next year?
Yes of course, price will depend on the time of year you choose to come. At present we are holding prices for 2021 at 2020 prices. Please contact our friendly Reception Team who will be happy to help, by email at email@example.com
Can I cancel my holiday and receive a full refund?
If your holiday is booked with us for arrival before July 4th 2020, then we are offering you the option of moving your holiday dates to later in the year when the restrictions have been lifted or a full refund. Our bookings team are currently contacting all customers with holidays in this period in order of arrival date.
If you have a holiday booked with us between these dates but have not yet heard from us, please be patient as we are working as hard as we can to contact everyone as quickly as possible.
How long will it take a refund to show in my account?
Refunds are taking a little longer than normal and may take up to 10 working days.We thank you and appreciate your patience.
What if my holiday is booked for arrival from 4th July onwards?
If your holiday is booked with us for arrival later in the year, from 4th July onward, then we would still like offer you the option of re-booking for a later date when the restrictions have been lifted. If you would like to cancel you holiday this will be as per our normal terms and conditions that you can find here.
As we are sure you can appreciate, the situation regarding Coronavirus is ever changing and we will continue to review the situation in accordance to the latest government guidelines and restrictions. For all guests due to arrive from July 4th onward we will of course keep you informed of any changes that arise in line with the latest government announcements.
Is the park open as usual?
Cofton Holidays will be closed to all guests and visitors until 4th July, this will be reviewed inline with Government guidance.
Unfortunately we are unable to give access to storage or seasonal pitches to check caravans, if you have any concerns please contact the Reception Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our Contact Us form
- Closed until further notice
- Closed until further notice – we plan to offer a take-away / delivery service as from 4th July following social distancing rules and Government guidance.
Indoor Pool & Gym
- Closed until further notice – we are hoping we can open some of our leisure facilities as from 4th July following social distancing rules and Government guidance.
- Closed until further notice
Warren Retreat (Including Carvery and Entertainment)
- The Warren Retreat will be closed until further notice, this includes the carvery and all entertainment.
When will you re-open?
We are planning to open as from 4th July 2020, this does depend on Government guidance and may change.
Are you accepting bookings for this year?
At present as we are waiting for information from the Government as to a firm opening date, we are accepting new bookings as from 24th July 2020.
I have a booking for July / August, will I get a refund if the site were to remain closed?
If we are closed we will offer you a choice of moving dates, funds can be held on your customer account or a refund.
I have a booking for July / August, what facilities will be open / available?
We will open the facilities we can following social distancing rules and Government guidance, we are expecting more detail to follow the closer we get to July.
If the site were to remain open and the facilities limited or closed, would I get a discount / refund?
As we do not yet know what restrictions are going to be in place that will affect us we are unable to offer discounts or refunds at present.
What procedures have you put in place to combat the virus?
We’ve recently put the following procedures in place to ensure the well-being of our guests and staff members alike:
- We have a fully trained in house cleaning team who have increased their cleaning frequency of high usage areas, using antiviral cleaning chemical.
- We have installed new hand wash sinks with antibacterial soap and paper towels at all the entrances to our main complex, along with signage informing guests, visitors and staff to wash their hands before and after entering.
- All Cofton staff have received training in what symptoms to look for and what to do if someone shows signs of infection. They have also been instructed to wash and sanitise their hands regularly throughout their day at work.
- Tables in Amelia’s Pantry have been moved further apart, allowing for more room between tables.
- Equipment in the Ashburn Springs gym is being continually cleaned and sanitised every 30 minutes.
Are you undertaking any extra cleaning measures?
To help minimise the risk of Coronavirus spreading we have increased the amount of cleaning and disinfecting to our accommodation and facilities, including all touch surfaces.
Camping and Touring Caravan Toilet Blocks
- All toilet blocks are currently thoroughly cleaned twice a day.
- We have implemented an extra 2 cleans a day for all touch points, including, door handles, flushes, and surfaces, using antiviral chemical cleaners.
- This also includes all elsan points and the laundrette facilities.
We kindly ask customers who have stayed with us or used our facilities to inform us if they have been diagnosed with Coronavirus, or have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed.
Page last updated: 21st May 2020