Devon County Show
Venue: Westpoint, Clyst St Mary
Date: 18/05/17 (00:00) - 20/05/17 (00:00)
Remember, kids go FREE on Saturday!
Every day we’re staging a non-stop, action-packed programme for the whole family to enjoy.
- Amazing animals – livestock, equine competitions, pedigree dog show and even bees!
- The very best local food and drink – tuck in on the day and take away! And don’t miss demos every day. We're joined by 2-star Michelin chef Michael Caines on Thursday and Saturday only.
- Dazzling entertainment in five rings including Monster Trucks (on Friday & Saturday).
- Blooming flowers and crafts – don’t miss BBC Spotlight's Andy Breare’s allotment!
- Devon Remembers - a river of handcrafted poppies to remember the 11,000 men and women of Devon who lost their lives in the First World War.
- A unique shopping experience – from combine harvesters to cushions!
- Devon Eye - a giant Ferris wheel - will give you a unique view across the showground and beyond
- Get hands-on and drive a tractor or a 4 x 4
- Historic steam engines and vintage tractors and vehicles
- Titan, the comedy robot, and Jonty Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow - they will be out and about in the avenues on Saturday
- Go for a ride with Lennie the Land Train around the showground
- Love One Man and his Dog? Don’t miss Meirion Owen’s humorous sheepdog displays which combine the talents of clever Border Collies with his not quite so clever sheep
- Marvel at the poise and balance of side saddle riding displays
- Scrum down and enjoy the seven-a-side rugby match pitching Young Farmers against students from Bicton (Thursday only) encouraged by the one and only Big Chief from Exeter Chiefs
- Tap your feet to the beat of the Royal Marines band (Thursday only) and the City of Exeter Pipes and Drums (Saturday only)
- Dogs galore including daily displays by the Police dogs, Devon Dogs and Graham Watkins from Gamegoer
- Exeter Chiefs will be bringing their family-fun, giant inflatable wall
- On Saturday only the mascots from Devon's best-loved visitor attractions will be taking part in a fun race
Especially for youngsters:
- Children’s farm – watch the milking, get baking, plant seeds, see the Sheep Show and lots more
- Bees and honey – spot the queen bee and make a candle
- Flower & garden junior competitions
- Fairground fun
- Army display